Monday, July 16, 2007



This weeks IF_ DISCOVERY_ Watercolor

This past week I began a watercolor painting class and discovered an old media all over again. I usually find myself reaching for colored pencils, pencils, and even my computer as a medium to explore my ideas. But, the computer always intrigued me more; not sure if the graphic designer in me was crying out more. Or, I think sometimes I chose the easier route. To paint something digital was always quicker. But, what I do miss is my acrylics, watercolor and the many other forms of media we artist use. So, the last time I did a watercolor painting was years ago. And even then, my colors always seem to be so dull and watered down. Now, I'm discovering the basics again. In a way thats good; because its discovering the basics that can bring you to a whole new revelation. Okay I stretched it a bit with this weeks topic but; Enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Vhrsti said...

Oh, great! I admire your wottercolors skill!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger carla said...

I don't think you stretched at all! It's exciting to discover (or rediscover) a new medium... I especially like the trees in the bottom piece. The colors are lovely.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Ricardo Guimaraes said...

The best discovey: to (re)learn something!! Congratulations for your attitude!

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job at re-discovering old talents - the fruit illo has nice dynamics going on in your composition, and I like how you captured reflected light!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home