Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Illustration Friday - Insect

Okay, I'm a bit late this week again. With another week coming to an end, I'm forced to think about life with grace. I celebrate my second son's Birthday - One year ago I gave life to this miracle. And on that very day while I celebrate I hear of the passing of Dana Reeves. So sad, for her son especially who is left behind. It seems that God is working on a bigger miracle calling up many of his wonderful creations to a seat by his side. Recently, Corretta Scott King passed; wow such a legacy in itself. My husband not very long ago mourned the passing of his dear cousin only 26 years of age. So young, but death really does not discriminate on age. There is no given guaranteed when our journey will come to a close. But, there is the promised that we have the responsibility to ourselves to enjoy every step we are capable of taken on this earth. It doesnt really matter what life brings to you but it matters what you make of it. So with this week entry I thought of how butterflies are so wonderful. They each carry there very own finger print of life.

10 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I learned at an early age that death can come quickly. I experienced death frequently when I started losing theatre friends to AIDS. Then my uncle was murdered...I know where you are coming from.
I love your illo...so elegant, so beautiful!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Wilnara said...

Thanks Ellen for sharing that- Its as if you know that death is part of the normal cycle of life. But, It's still so hard to grasp how quickly loved ones come and go. But, we are here now and we have to make the best of it.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Anastasia said...

Butterflies are wonderful and yours is just gorgeous!!
happy birthday to your little miracle boy!!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

Wonderful. I like how her body is long and thin; matching a butterfly body.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Todd DeWolf said...

What a lovely written post and lovely illustration. I agree that life is indeed what you make it. Your work celebrates that. Cheers! :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger carla said...

This is visually dazzling, and in concert with your words, very inspiring. The reds show affirmation of life, especially with her outstretched arms open to embrace the butterflies and dragonflies. This is really lovely!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger bee'nme said...

Great post, great art! I love the beautiful colors and great lines and movement in this piece - Love it!!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

Love this Wilnara! The butterflies,the beautiful lady and the bird on her shoulder are divine! wonderful words too!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger georg said...

Quite a nice lady! Both the butterflies, dragonfly and the lady is beautiful. Is she an angel - or what? Maybee just a lovely woman -

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger LDahl said...

This is really beautiful! It really lifted my spirits today, thanks for posting it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home