Monday, January 23, 2006


Eva Longoria's - Desperate Housewives goes Elementary.
Illustration Friday-Cats
My intentions this week was to tell you guys a little story about my hubby and the ferocious beast. A year ago, I got a call from my husband at work, "They came and got him". You see for some reason, we got a visit from an extra friendly cat lingering around the house. The cat would walk right up to us when we parked the car in the drive way. He would even wait in anticipation at our front door on the step. I had no clue where this cat came from or why he was so friendly. I even heard my neighbors grand daughter start screaming one day cause the cat was following her around so much that it scared the poor thing. I mean our back yard is always visited by lingering cats but, this one was just very, very, very friendly. I would shoo kittly and that cat looked at me like I was having a spasm attack. We didnt want to get to close to the cat with our allergies.
So let's get back to the call. "Guess what I called the animal control guys to come and pick up the cat." So I asked, "What did you tell them." He says, "I told them there was this ferocious beast salavating at the door and chasing my one year old into the house while he played outside. Please send someone quick! I think it might have rabies" Well when animal control got there the poor cat walked right up to him and greeted him like he was his best friend. He probably thought - 'Finally, someone to play with me!' Animal Control knocks on the door and my hubby answers. "Sir, is this the ferocious animal you reported as chasing your son!" " Yes, Sir! That's him!" I laughed so hard to think of the expression that man gave my husband. I told my hubby " What if that were Jesus Christ reincarnated!"
So when I worked on this illustration I thought of that poor friendly kitty and prayed he got a good home.

7 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea i get to be first. Every week you amaze me with your illustrations. They just keep getting better and better. Are you working in photoshop now? keep up the wonderful work.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Wilnara said...

Hey there Toni,
Thank You ... I am working in photoshop initially than I usually finish up in Painter.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Great stuff!
Cute story. He also might have been someone you knew who passed on!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

yes, your illos are so unique and I love the style and I am enjoying the celebrities this past week! Great work Wilnara!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Twisselman said...

Your caricatures are always great. Glad to see Ms. Longoria in a different role (though I guess I've never seen her in any role). Nice job.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Good one! Why are they all looking at you? Heehee :)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger carla said...

What great characterization - of the cat and Eva (I love that show!). Imagine if a classroom really looked like this - kids would totally love school:>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home