Monday, April 03, 2006


Well, where do I begin. I have been so overwhelmed these past few weeks that I literally felt like I couldnt breathe. We are in the process of trying to find a new home and we have put our home on the market. We received two offers and they didnt make it pass attorney review. We found a home and had our bid declined when the second offer went south. In the midst of all of that I had the opportunity to work on a great illustration project that had me doing five caricatures of the Desperate Housewives characters. I'll give you a sneak preview of one of the characters but, I promise to post the details of this in a few weeks when it gets closer for the issue to be published.

Lynette Scavo played by Felicity Huffman -Desperate Housewives

Needless to say - I have missed Illustration Friday so very much so I decided to take some time out to breathe this week and check out what my fellow IF illustrators are up to. Let see I missed a contribution for Feet, Monster and this week Spring. So how do you blend all three of those words together. Easy! For all the gals who love a good bargain and who love to shoe shop this one is for you. I myself am not that big of a shopper in general but, it always cracks me up when you find a woman who means business when it comes to finding the right pair of pumps! Well You go girl!!!

Illustration Friday - Feet, Monster, Spring


10 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wilnara I am so excited for you and how far you have come. So am I correct you are going to be published?
Your combination of all three IF's in one is awesome.
I have been wondering about you lately and was thinking of emailing you. So sorry to hear about the house troubles. I know all will work out in the end.
Please keep in touch and looking forward to your project.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Todd DeWolf said...

Ha-you combined this very well. I am not a big shopper as well-especially when it is crowded. Good luck with the house hunting.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

we missed you! as usual really great work and your job looks exciting! can't wait to see more of it!!! Hang in there wilnara!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger andrea said...

You're back! Love the Desperate Housewives illustration but the IF one is just ingenious. The expression on the shop clerk's face is perfect!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Christine Lim said...

Hi Wilnara, two parts here.

First of all, thanks for the comments over at my blog. Well, actually, the image I has displayed isn't my design. I forgot to mention that someone else did that one. I didn't put up any of mine yet because I don't know if I will get the job, which I did. The client didn't show me any sample while I was doing the job. In fact I only got that picture after my submission. Turned out that I did something similar to that one. Will post again when it's done.

Secondly, I like your caricature and illo. Great work. And hope you come back to IF soon. I know the kind of exhaustion and emotional drain about the house. I hate house hunting (I had some nasty landlords). Anyway, hope you find something ideal real soon.

Keep us updated.
Cheers!

Ps: thanks for your prayers.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jessica Wong said...

Wow! I love your caricature! Lynette looks so cute in the bathtub, yeah she needs a break from her notorious kids! And you are really smart with your Feet,Monster,Spring 3-in-1 Illustration. I love it so much because I'm a shoe freak and I freak when i see illustrations with shoes :) Please do not forget to update us on the other desperate housewives ok? I'm looking forward already!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger trowbridge chronicles said...

Wow...what a unique eye catching style you have. I like it. It looks like you have fun drawing.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Shano said...

Great idea combining all three themes! You did it well and with a flare that is all yours! Clever!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Shano said...

PS House buying/selling is the worst. Good luck and hopefully the rest will go smoothly.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Twisselman said...

Way to combine those three topics. Great illustration that incorporates all wonderfully. Worked in a large department store during college, selling women's and children's shoes. A tough job that taught me patience, dealing with the types you've drawn here.
I wish you the best on your real estate dealings. Very tough thing... buying/selling at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home