Thursday, October 27, 2005


After talking to one of my dearest friend - Rose ...
I was inspired to create a dedication to Rosa Parks who recently passed.
This is a preliminary sketch of the drawing that I am currently working on. I feel that there are so few women now who have the same courage and conviction Rosa did living during the Civil Rights Movement. We are living in a world now where it is every man for themselves. So I decided to take a few moments to think and to be thankful for what I do have-where I came from. I wanted to take a few moments to be honored that I am a teacher as a mother to my boys and the fact that I am a woman. And I pray that I can have half the courage that Rosa Parks stood for.
Rosa Parks -God Bless You.
"I didn't have any special fear, ... It was more of a relief to know that I wasn't alone." -Rosa Parks. February 4th 1913 - October 24th 2005.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Catnapping said...

Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.

So fitting that she would say this...

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

A beautiful tribute to a courageous woman.
What I find most remarkable was that this "everyday" woman in one courageous act sparked an entire nation. I live in the suburbs of Detroit. 50 years later Detroit is one of the most segregated cities in our country. We still have so far to go. I can't even imagine where we would be if it wasn't for Rosa Parks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home