Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Illustration Friday - Spotted
Really late entry- it took some time for me to complete this one. But, I made it. Still quite busy on the home front. We've been trying to clean up and pack some things up. No buyer yet, but I'm leaning on faith. I got word that my employer will be adding on 10hrs to my already part time schedule. This gives me the opportunity to work at home for 30 hrs. a week and be able to market myself for freelance projects. I have not figured out if this is a good thing yet. Lately it seems that I have been really working 24 / 7 with the kids and everything else and I find myself begging to work outside of the home. Meanwhile, I'm counting down till May 1st to give you some insight on my last project. And I'm done rambling on and on as you can see it's getting way past the bed time for me and hopefully when I am more alert I can see what everyone else has been up to.

11 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hello Wilnara!
First I must comment on your GORGEOUS illo... your versatility as an artist continues to amaze me... everytime I visit I get to see another facet of your talent!

Secondly, I had to chuckle... Chris and I are in the process of moving ourselves.... we closed on our new house a little over a week ago but we are still living and packing up the old house. I will pray for a speedy sale for both of us!

I don't know how you do it (as a mom). Chris and I have not yet been blessed with children and yet I still complain that there are not enough hours in the day!

Hang in there!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wilnara this one is wonderful. the dark background really makes the subjects stand out plus the colors are fantastic. Very festive.
Good luck with your move and packing. Sending you energy and light

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger carla said...

Wow! This has such richness to it in both color and detail! I love that exotic mask and the beautiful embellished capelet. The lady in the background is pure elegance. The choie of colors here is marvelous...they suggest nighttime glamor and magic:> Good luck with everything that's going on...it sounds like you have a big plate that's quite full!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Oooh...now this is different! Wonderful colors and mystery. Will you be leaving NJ when you move?

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Wilnara said...

Hey there Guys! Okay-I'm awake now!

Carolyn - Thanks for the encouragement. I will be keeping you and Chris in my prayers for a quick sale also!

Toni- I couldnt ask for better energy and light from such an awesome individual - Thanks!

Carla - I always love to hear from you, because your insights are always quite moving. My main course is being served now - but I know dessert will be coming soon.

Amy- Hey there! As much as I would love to leave NJ right now with the rise in inflation. We are trying to stay since the family is here.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Twisselman said...

There's a sense of intrigue here. Great masks and colors. Elegantly graceful women here. Here's to a low-stress move.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

yes, intrigue.. i want to go where they are going!!! love these ladies!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

This reminds me of the masquerade scene from Phatom of the Opera. Beautiful piece!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Powpourri said...

This piece is fabulous. The colors just pop right out at you! Very nice job on the mask! Brandi

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely illo!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Shano said...

How did I miss this one? It's GORGEOUS!! It's my all time fave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home