Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Illustration Friday - Under The Sea
It's been yet another busy week- unfortunately, I posted a little later than I would usually like. I volunteer my time once a week to work with a close friend - who started a daycare business with infants and children ranging in age 1 to 5 yrs. of age. Well, just yesterday, I received word a
co worker passed right after her shift. She was an older woman who was retired and spend a couple hours a day working with us at the daycare. It's was a shock to me and yet another reminder of how life is not guaranteed. She was a sweet spirited woman who always made me laugh - because she handled the children with an "old school" mentality "it takes a village to raise a child". A philosophy that has gotten lost in this world. A philosophy that always made me feel like I was home. May she rest in peace - Ms. Pierson. Forgive me all - if I havent gotten a chance to visit your blog but, know that I will be there soon. After all enjoying the gift of art always has a way of brightening all spirits.

7 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger ° said...

love the abstract quality of this piece aand ur colors

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

Hi Wilnara! So sorry to hear about your frind Ms.Pierson. I hope that she had a wonderful life! I love your underwater illo and glad you could participate!!!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I am also sorry about your friend, Wilnara. I'm glad she has you to remember her!
Beautiful illo, BTW!!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Sorry about your loss. Nice illustration and a good pause for the day.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Heartful said...

this is lovely, I really like the glimmers of light and shine.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Wilnara,
Sorry to hear about your co-worker.
And I caome back to bloggersville to find your beautiful piece here. How different for you. I love it.

ps: I changed the name of my blog but the url is still the same

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger LDahl said...

You must feel so odd... like something had been snatched away when you weren't looking.

I miss you and hope you don't give up on us (I've not been around as much either.. new job that takes a huge chunk out of my time, but finding a bit here and there to try not to loose what I've found with IF&Company:)))

I too, find your illo very different for you...... interesting, I hope you explore this style more.
Later my dear........ :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home