Monday, January 01, 2007



Illustration Friday - Peace, Phoenix
Okay, Where do I begin? It's been a very long time since my last post.
Happy New Year to all!!! It's 2007 and one thing I need is more T-I-M-E! With the move and the new job - I found myself lost trying to find time for everything I needed to get done. And what ended up happening is that I felt burnt out and I didnt make enough time for me - time to sketch, time to wind down. It's funny how we complain about things in our lives and what we desire; but when we are granted these things we start to resent them. For years I felt I wanted to go back to designing- I had already a part time job working at home. I had plenty of time to work on my illustrations between work and the family. But, I felt like something was still missing. Well, I thought maybe I needed to get out of the house and when I least expected it. I was offered this part time design job. So I currently juggle my design job and my work from home, two kids, a husband- and whatever else was thrown at me. What I failed to remember was that I needed to make time to unwind. Unwinding, was picking up a pencil at the end of the day and getting lost in my creative thoughts. So now, I made a resolution for 2007 - to keep to the saying created the day I graduated college ... "Keep doing art!". I love that my new part time has me thinking creative but, I hate that I had no time to illustrate. Knowing this I will work on making more post for IF and creating on my spare time too. I truly do miss you all! But, now that I am pretty much set up with my schedule - I pray that Father Time will bless me with more time to work on my art this year!!!!! Thanks to all of you and your support!!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger studio lolo said...

Well, the good news is you have a part time job making money to create...hurray!! I think when you're settled in, you'll have time to do art from your heart. I know how important that is :)
Oh...I like your illustrations by the way!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Here's to you and TONS of doing more art Wilnara - CHEERS!!!! My very best to you and your family :) Love your illustrations!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger valerie walsh said...

Happy New Year Wilnara! Oh how we've missed your charming characters, but here you are and it sounds like life is good! Glad you will try to play and I wish you heaps of inspiration and creativity in 2007 and beyond!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Michelle Lana said...

great characters!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea! you are here.
Miss you and your characters also.
Hey that soup looks good. ;)

So heres hoping you will be able to make the time to post for IF or for just plain posting.

hugs to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home