Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Illustration Friday - Change

We'll it's been a very long time since I've posted and so much has changed for us here. We have finally moved and we are trying to settle into a routine in our home. In the midst of all the change I managed to fullfill one of my resolutions for this year. I took an opportunity to work as a graphic artist for a small agency part time in the mornings. At first my husband thought I was crazy for taking on additional hours since I already work at home part time for another job.

But I have to say I felt like I was cloud nine since starting this job; especially since it's a creative position. It's a lot of work juggling the family with work. But being creative is my peace and my outlet.

I hope to keep up with Illustration Friday - because I know that without this avenue I would not be where I am creatively today.

So with all the change in the air - the move- new job - adjusting; It makes me think of Fall. It makes me think of my college days, getting ready for a new start. It makes me feel young again. :-) Hope you guys enjoy.

7 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger juliemc said...

this is great; love how she breaks out of the background.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

I love this. I love how commanding her presence is in the midst of all these swirling changes around her. She looks very rooted and strong. Enjoy the fall and keep that peace and balance!

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger carla said...

It's great to see you back, and wonderful to hear that your life changes are going so well. Congratulations on your jobn...it sounds exciting even if it's very busy. This is a wonderful illustrtaion...I love her face and the perspective. The touches of blue really make the whole thing pop with the feeling of vibrancy...like the wind and the sky in the fall.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Wilnara, how exciting to have you back and this illo is just so cute. Congratulations on the new job, new house, and a new you! I love this illustration and i love watching you grow in your art and design.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Twisselman said...

Wonderful. I like the stretching out of the frame for the acorn. Beautiful autumn feel.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Hallow!

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? Seeing your work makes me think about your college Days too! I love the illustration and the symbolism of a new start. Enjoy the newness!!

Tee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home